Here are some books/genres we are looking for while buying books….
1. Local History (Owens Valley, Mammoth, Manzanar, Yosemite, Bodie, Mono County, Death Valley, Nevada)
2. Mine in the Sky, Dr. Denton’s Country Doctor, Dr. Nellie, Slim Rails Through the Sand, Story of Inyo, 100 Years of Real Living, Saga of Inyo County, etc.
2. George R.R. Martin, Diana Gabaldon,
3. Contemporary and Classic Children/Young Adult Series (Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Capt. Underpants, Time Warp, Maze Runner, Hunger Games, Magic Tree House, Series of Unfortunate Events, etc)
4. Ursula LeGuin Earthsea Trilogy
5. C.S. Lewis, any
6. Edward Abbey, any and other nature writers
7. Native American and Western Regional authors, like Ivan Doig, Sherman Alexie, Wallace Stegner, Mary Austin, etc.
8. Young Adult contemporary fiction – like John Green, Ellen Hopkins, Jay Asher, etc.
9. Paiute and Shoshone history and culture
10. Rock climbing guides and local trail guides, mountaineering titles